Monday, February 2, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: The Road by Cormac McCarthy


When I finished it, I realized I had no words to describe it … none that were adequate, anyway. But I shall never forget it.

Instead of words, I felt full of emotions. Words just did not work. I cannot explain The Road. You must do that for yourself. And you may discover that if you have never loved truly, you shall.
***
Will to live. Incredible tenacity. Resourcefulness beyond belief. Whatever the cost. And love.

The world, as we knew it, is no more. It is an ashen waste of some un-Godly holocaust.

A man and his young son are left. And they must move forward, to the south. And warmth. They hope.

At times. I had to make myself pick it up to continue. But I could not resist.

The pull of its narrative, and McCarthy’s post-dystopian style – maybe the makeup of  modern literature’s new best ever, we may one day say – captivated me and would not let go.

I’ve never felt that way about a book before.

You will see. You will see.